Hey, What's Up, Hello?

12:00 PM

Hi y'all!

I'm so happy to finally introduce myself and starting this new little era of blogging.



I've blogged previously at Lindsey's Thoughts, and I'll be honest, I started having these thoughts of "why am I doing this?" and "I don't love this anymore." I think a lot of it came from I was in a new place in my life. I started Lindsey's Thoughts right after my high school graduation. Now, here I am four years later with a BA in Communication Studies and minors in History and Leadership Studies from Christopher Newport University. Talk about a big change!

I took about a month off of blogging completely and I'm glad I did, because it led me to this new place.

I'll still be incorporating a lot of the types of posts I used to do on Lindsey's Thoughts, but I'm also doing some new things. But, those are a surprise!

Anyway, I thought I would start off this new blog with what "Southern Grace" means to me.

I have lived my entire life in central Virginia, except for the four years I attended CNU. Many people don't even consider Virginia to be a southern state (like my college roommate), but I'm so happy to say it is!

Southern can mean a lot of different things. Some people think of huge mansions on sprawling plantations, others thing confederate flags.

For me, I think of the sprawling mansions, but I also think family, time moving slower, small town charm, friendly, loving, and kind.

Grace, on the other hand, is how you handle something. Let's just say that grace is something I'm working on (both physically and mentally). Most of the time, I don't have the ability to forgive and forget. Often times, you'll see me walk into the door (how I haven't managed to give myself a concussion, or some other injury besides a stubbed toe from walking into things is a mystery to everyone).

I would define the term southern grace (at this current time) as, the ability to give a warm, heartfelt smile to your best friend, a complete stranger, and worst enemy. The care to write a thank you note over something small. To look classic at all times (no, that doesn't mean no leggings, it just means to make them look nice).

Of course, this definition can change over time, and oddly enough, I expect it to.

I would be lying if I said there was a purpose of this blog, at the end of the day I just love blogging and I'm thrilled to have this opportunity.

Now, it wouldn't be me if I didn't have some sort of goals for this blog. I absolutely love doing different series and so when I sat down and thought about what I wanted with southern grace to focus on I immediately thought series. Of course, these series may change over time, but I'm so happy with what I picked to begin with, and I'm so excited to say that this means blogging Monday through Friday!

Starting tomorrow morning, you'll get Monday's post, then each morning (at 8 am) you'll have a new post from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey