New Semester Prep

8:00 AM

Hi Y'all,

It's one of my favorite times of the year: a new semester!

I decided this past fall to go back to school for a post-bac in elementary education. I have a B.A in Communication Studies from CNU. I'm slowly making progress towards this goal of becoming an elementary education teacher, and hopefully I'll be able to teach in the near future!

Anyway, I thought I'd do a quick post about how I prep for a new semester.



1. Write down important dates. I normally write them down in my agenda, this year I'm trying the assignment document to see if that helps me more (especially with half my classes being online).  The dates can range from midterms to finals, to spring break. Basically, anything of any importance goes in my agenda. I also have an application due in April and that is in my agenda as well.

2. Create an assignment document. I created mine using excel. Essentially, I made a column for date, class, assignment, and complete. That way, I can check them off as I complete them. I put the assignments in chronological order to help me as well.

Here's an example of what I have so far:



3. Prioritizing time. Every week, I make a to do list with everything I have to get done that week on it. This includes my work hours (I work 40 hours a week), blogging, etc. I try to get as much stuff out of the way as possible so I'm not running errands (and losing precious time) all the time.

4. Deleting unnecessary apps. Ok, this sounds silly, but I lose a lot of time going through apps I don't need on my phone and iPad, especially time wasting games. I try and delete them before a new semester starts.

5. Getting enough rest.  I'm constantly tired because of work and trying to accomplish a lot of things with very little time. This also means allowing myself to sleep and knowing when I have to get stuff done.

I swear by all of these things and they all seem to work for me.

What do you do to prep for a new semester?

 with southern grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey