Fashion Friday: Investing in Vests

8:00 AM

Hi Y'all,

I'm an absolute sucker for a good vest. Literally, I buy at least one new vest every year (this year, two-whoops!).

Anyway, here are some of my favorites:


Each of these vests are different, and have different ways to wear them.

For the L.P. Isabelle, I would wear it with a super thick sweater in the later parts of Fall/early winter before I need a really heavy coat. 

The Barbour Calvary Gilet is good for any kind of weather-with just a shirt underneath or a sweater. I absolutely adore the cinching in the back! 

I personally own the white version of the J. Crew Factory Quilted Puffer Vest and I absolutely love it! I got the collar monogrammed in navy blue, and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. This vest has super great pockets that I think are rather hard to find in a vest, plus it's a great price, and J. Crew factory often has great deals to go with the already good cost.

Finally, there is the Blake. It's super lightweight and would be good for the early fall/late spring when it's really too warm out to wear a real jacket, but still too cold to expose yourself with just a shirt.

Do y'all have any favorite vests?

with southern grace,
Lindsey




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love vests for fall! I have one from Old Navy and a few different others. The Lilly ones are so pretty!

Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

Ruya said...

Love a good, quilted vest that keeps you warm but also light weight for fall. Great picks!

-Ruya
sweetshortandstylish.com

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Vests are so perfect and cozy for cooler months. Your choices are all so stylish!

Breakfast at Lillys said...

I love J.Crew's vests.
I have three.
I also love fleece vests for a more casual look.

xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

Annaliese said...

I would love to own a Lilly Pulitzer vest- it would add so much color to the cooler months!

xoxo A
www.southernbelleintraining.com

Anonymous said...

The J Crew one looks so warm and stylish! I'm not much of a vest person myself, but I can definitely see myself wearing some of your picks.

Alessandra | blog.pumpup.com

Olivia said...

I definitely need more vests. I feel like wearing my North Face vest every single day, I love it so much
-Olivia
Miss Olivia Says

Allison said...

Give me all the vests! I really want a Barbour one!

Fabulous Torture said...

I think vest like this is a must.
http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

Pick Your Beau said...

I have SO been wanting one of the JCrew ones, and Old Navy makes a great dupe for that style! I swear by my navy lilly pulitzer one for when I'm trying to look cute and my LL Bean one when I'm trying to stay warm!

Pick Your Beau

Unknown said...

I want to get the J. Crew vest so badly! I only own one vest right now but I've been wanting to get a few neutral vests. The one I have now is maroon with polka dots!

Kayla | kaylablogs.com

Unknown said...

The J.Crew one is the best! I have two and really love them. I wish I had gotten petite sizes though!
Lauren
www.thefashionistasdiary.com

Farrah said...

I think I have only one vest that I picked up from a thrift store a couple years back, but I've been wanting to get another one! Your choices look so cute + warm! :]

Julia @ Pennies & Paper said...

Love the look of the J Crew and Blake vests especially. And the J Crew having good pockets is a definite plus. I love my one best but the pockets are lacking.

Julia | Pennies & Paper

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey