Thankful Thursday: Blogging

8:00 AM

Hi Y'all,

Today I don't have a fun little graphic or anything like that, because I'm getting down the nitty gritty of what I'm thankful for: blogging!

This is my second blog, and in all honesty, the one I'm super glad I've started. Lindsey's Thoughts was really a place for me to share certain aspects of my life as I grew through my college years.

Shockingly enough, I'm going back to school for my Post-Bac so you'll still get some school related posts, especially since I'm going back to school for my teaching license!

I'm thankful for blogging because it gives me an outlet to write down words. I spend a lot of time during the day dealing with customer service issues. Often times, the people I'm dealing with are rude and/or inconsiderate of my feelings. I don't spend a lot of time writing unless it's an email requesting something from one of our other stores.

I'm thankful for blogging because it gives me a chance to express myself. This is the only forum where I am given the opportunity to share with the world like I am in a blog post.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to do something I love, on my terms. Often times, I think about what I want in life and realize how little I am actually given the opportunity to say/do what I want. With blogging, I am given that opportunity. I can say yes to whomever I want, but I can also turn down offers.

I'm thankful for the creative outlet. I'm thankful for a place where I can write, take photographs for, edit photographs and words alike, etc. I cannot tell you how often I see college students burned out because all these do is school and resume enticing volunteerism and jobs. This is my outlet to prevent me getting burned out from work (and just 12 credit hours plus a full time job next semester).

I'm thankful for the opportunity to share my story. I wrote a lot about my struggles with anxiety and bullying along with the toughness of college. However, I also got to share with you my travels, my promotions, and other joyous occasions!

I'm thankful for blogging, what are you thankful for?

with southern grace,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey