Tips 'n' Tricks: Time Management

8:00 AM

Hi y'all!
Today's post is on a subject I had to master in college, and I'm sure it's a struggle for y'all just as much as it still is for me! I've come up with 10 tried and true tips 'n' tricks for handling time management! 

1. Write everything down. I literally mean everything. I will literally write down "wake up", "make bed", "eat breakfast", "eat lunch", "eat dinner", "shower", "workout" just to name a few. In case you were wondering, I am that person who writes down something they've already done to make me feel like I've accomplished something.

2. Strategize. Think about what's going to take up the majority of your time, and start with that task. For me, writing a paper is going to take a lot longer than a few math problems just because I research (and edit) a lot. This also includes working ahead. Start the paper early if you know it's going to take you a while. Read the chapter before your professor talks about it in class. Put your laundry in the wash while you cook dinner.

3. Set a timer. Literally for anywhere from 30-45 minutes. In that amount of time, do nothing but work on whatever task you need to get done. When that time is up, take a break for 15 minutes. You'll be shocked how much you can get done when you give yourself a time limit. 

4. Put your phone on "do not disturb". You can also download apps so that you can't access certain sites, like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This helps you stay focused on the task at hand instead of a variety of other possible distractions.

5. Say No. This one can be super hard, but say no to something if you really don't have the time to devote to it.

6. Reward yourself. I'm super guilty of sometimes over rewarding myself, but this is a great tip. If you know you're working toward something you're more likely to get the task done more efficiently.

7. Start Earlier. Don't feel like you have enough hours in the day to get everything done? Wake up a few minutes earlier to get everything accomplished!

8. Distribute your tasks. Can someone help you accomplish something? Great! Hand over whatever task it is to them...you'll thank yourself later.

9. Work on the go. Have a phone call to make, yet you need to be walking or driving somewhere? Take the phone call while you're driving or walking!

10. Sleep on it. It's ok that you don't finish everything on your to do list. As long as you got done the top priority items, you're good!

What tips do y'all have for time management?

with southern grace,
Lindsey








No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey