Your Guide to Gift Planning

8:00 AM

Hi Y'all,
Welcome to Blogmas! Today is the first official post in Blogmas, which I'm super excited about. Basically, for me Blogmas will be blogging every day, Monday through Friday the entire month of December. Not every post is going to be Christmas/holiday related-it just so happens this one is!

Today's post is all about planning gifts out!







1. Keep a list from year to year. This way you always know what you've already given someone so you don't gift them the same thing. Along with that, write down what you were given so if you do re-gift it, you're not gifting it back to the person who gave it to you.

2. Check return policies. I'm the world's earliest shopper, but that also means that people can't always return their presents. Depending on the person, I also buy sale items which are often final sale. However, that also means that I spend a lot of time thinking about the item before purchasing it for the person. I don't buy something unless I think they'll like it.

3. Keep all presents in the same place. This means, keeping them all centrally located in an area where you can find them. For instance, for my mom that happens to be the dinning room floor. This way, you can always find them when you need them in a pinch.

4. Dollar store wrappings. No lie, I often go to the dollar store or dollar bin for wrapping paper and bags. Walmart often has great wrapping paper for $1 or $5. The Dollar Store has great bags and tissue paper for $1. Plus, after holiday sales are often great for wrapping paper!

5. Talk about it with friends and family. Ask your friends and family if they want to do a present exchange. Sometimes, people don't want to do it. For instance, my best friend and I don't exchange birthday presents; but we typically do Christmas presents. This also includes talking about price range. For instance, my grandmother tells us what price she wants to spend on our actual present and we give her a list based off of that.

with southern grace,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey