2016's New Year's Goals!

8:00 AM

Hi Y'all,

Sorry for the few posts, but I ended up spending a lot of time at work and a lot of time with family this holiday season.

I originally planned on doing a Holiday wrap up post today, but instead I'm going to save that for Thursday's posts. I've decided I'm only going to blog twice a week instead of every week day, for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, I want my posts to be the best they can be. Second, I simply don't have the time to blog every day. I'm not a full time blogger, and I'm going back to school (full time) in January, while still working 40 hour weeks.


Anyway, tonight I sat down and really focused on my goals for 2016. I personally don't believe in resolutions, because mostly they're there for people to forget about.

I only have three because I'm all about quality of quantity.

1. Fitness
  --Workout 3 times a week.
  --Drink more water.
       How do I hold myself accountable?
         --Tracking with apps
         --Online programs like Blogilates and ToneItUp
         --Going to the occasional class
2. Happiness
  -- Incorporating more fitness.
  --Write down three things that make me happy at least three times a week.
  --Blog more--2 times a week.
       How do I hold myself accountable?
         --Writing it down.
         --Blog posts are public for the world to see.
         --Planning ahead
3. Career
  --Take classes toward teaching license.
  --Take and pass tests (VCLA and Pracis Math).
  --Apply to post-bac program (by end of April).
  --Volunteer at elementary school.
  --Apply for TA position.
       How do I hold myself accountable?
          --Studying (for classes and tests).
         --Working hard to be able to afford said tests and classes.
         --Finish everything for application far in advance (hopefully by the first week in March).
         --Setting small goals to help reach the bigger ones.

with southern grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading your comments absolutely make my day, thanks for writing one!
with southern grace,
Lindsey